The work carried out within the PIM team aims to develop and improve modeling and optimization tools to help in the representation and understanding of phenomena resulting from the interaction of electromagnetic waves with the environment. These phenomena are observed at different scales of the system, but also devices and components developed by other teams DH and SMART.
Research is carried out in the framework under three complementary topics
- MOSEM: Modeling & Simulation EM - near & far field (tools, asymptotic methods, exact methods, empirical methods, hybrids methods, ...)
- MOCAP: Modeling and characterization of the propagation channel: physical and statistical methods, ...
- MOSSYP: Modeling and simulation systems and platforms (experimental & Virtual Systems)
The team has several experimental facilities including devices and tools such as :
- Anechoic chamber works from 2 to 18 GHz
- Operational Radar operating in the X band
- Experimental Radar operating in the Ku band
- Several simulation platforms (high performance servers)
- Specialized software: HFFS, FEKO, ADS, CST-MWS, MicroStripes, Winprop, IE3D, SolidWorks, OrCAD ...
You will find below a non-exhaustive list of the various partners with which PIM maintains solid collaborations.