My research topics mainly include the sound perception, especially spatial perception and evaluation of sound reproduction systems. Some works are fundamental and other ones are applied to audiovisual media, especially 3D sound (WFS, HOA, binaural) for cinema or musique (live or recorded). These topics are particularly related to the “Image & Sound” training program of the University of Brest.
Moreover I work about musical acoustics (especially about wood species used in woodwind manufacture and reeds) and about auditory risks related to sound reinforcement.
RESEARCH TOPICS :
- Ventriloquism effect (azimuth and distance)
- Directional loudness (azimuth and distance)
- Distance perception of moving sources
- Elevation Perception
- Unilateral hearing loss (link between localization and intelligibility)
Evaluation of sound reproduction systems
- Dynamic binaural technology : evaluation, externalization
- Assessment procedures applied to loudspeaker sound quality
- Modification of Mushra procédure for 3D sound
- Audibility of headphone successive placements
- Effect of audiovisuel coherence in movie, music (recordings or live), and virtual reality
- Reeds : perceptual factors and objective (mechanic and signal) measures (saxophone and bapipe drones)
- Influence of wood species on woodwind manufacture (bagpipe oboes)
Auditory risks related to sound reinforcement
- “at-risk” subjects
- repeated exposures
- in situ measures (hidden hearing loss, audiometry, tinnitus)
- Edison3D (Edition et Diffusion Sonore spatialisée en 3 dimensions) – ANR CONTINT
- Cross Channel Film Lab - european project InterReg
b<>com, Sonic Emotion, Orange Labs, Radio France, Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris, Feichter Electronics, Noise Makers, Service ORL du CHU de Brest, Cabasse, Deutsche Telekom, Canon.